Pages

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Salt For Your Wounds. Or, Tasty Little Buzz-Kills.


Did you know April is National Stress Awareness month? I only found out this morning and deeply regret the missed opportunities to wear a ribbon, do a telethon, ask strangers how they're doing, or tell strangers how stressed out I am about not having A Career.

Although I've been suffering from acute Stress Awareness since May '09, I guess it's fitting that the month that begins with practical jokes lurking behind any corner and peaks with filing your taxes is also the month that encourages you to speak your stress and tame that beast.

How to cope?

A recent study from Penn State suggests that a diet that includes pistachios can reduce the body's responses to the stresses of everyday life. While in my personal pistachio eating experience I haven't found this to be the case, who knows how bad off I'd be without that little bit of green.

No comments:

Post a Comment