Pages

Monday, June 7, 2010

Other Things To Do Include : Reading.


A friend of mine asked me to write a post discussing my underemployed reading habits. Since I have free time and I live in Brooklyn so I also have a lot of commuting time, I read a lot. And no kindles or ipads either- straight up books. When looking for an NYC read, I try to find page-turners with short-ish chapters so I always have good stopping points.

Not including re-reads (which I do frequently enjoy) books I've read and haven't forgotten I've read since I entered unemployment in May '09, roughly categorized by theme are:

Toast, Nigel Slater
Kitchen Confidential, Anthony Bourdain
The Nasty Bits, Anthony Bourdain
My Life In France, Julia Child
Something From the Oven: Reinventing Dinner in 1950's America, Laura Shapiro

Dracula, Bram Stoker
The Vampire Chronicles (Though I couldn't bring myself to finish Queen Of The Damned), Anne Rice

Snow Falling On Cedars, David Guterson

The Big Sleep, Raymond Chandler
Rebecca, Daphne du Maurier

Hell, Henri Barbusse
Under A Glass Bell, Anais Nin
The Tears of Eros, Georges Bataille

The Remembered Film, Victor Burgin
Hitchcock on Hitchcock, ed. Sidney Gottlieb

Jurassic Park, Michael Crichton

When You Are Engulfed In Flames, David Sedaris
A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius, Dave Eggars

Starting on the subway tomorrow: The Bonfire Of The Vanities, Tom Wolffe

No comments:

Post a Comment