Pages

Sunday, June 6, 2010

My Doubles Are Bigger Than Yours.


Well, I'm not technically working a double today but still. Most restaurants have 6 hour shifts, making a double 12 hours. Our shifts are 8-10 hours, making our doubles monstrous. Today I am working Sunday brunch as a barista 9 AM - 5 PM, and then heading into the downstairs prep kitchen to work till 10 PM doing room service. 9 AM- 10 PM is not a double where I work, but it's a long double for normal dining establishments.

Why did I do it? I did it because the room service shift will be pretty easy, and I will make at least $60 bucks doing it. Jealous yet?

1 comment:

  1. Update: I ended up clocking out at 10:40. I earned about $100 bucks during my barista shift and about $100 during room service. $200 / 13.5 hours of work = an hourly rate of 14.81. Folks, that is upward mobility.

    ReplyDelete