Pages

Friday, May 14, 2010

Brooklyn Is For (Music) Lovers.


I might not have made any money yesterday, but I didn't spend much either. One thing I love about Brooklyn is the scads of underemployed young people who are making some really good music and playing in totally affordable venues. I've never paid more than $10 to get into a show, and often all you have to do is buy one drink and submit your hand for ugly stamping.

Last night I went to Pete's Candy Store in Williamsburg to check out a new-ish duo called The Stone Lonesome, who's EP should be out in about a month. Really great country music for the skinny-jeans set, big-hearted sound coming from two small-ish young people. Total spent on the evening including drinking? $15.00 That's entertainment I can believe in.

Just for fun, below are some tracks from The Stone Lonesome's myspace page, as well as from Emily Long and Her Band, the indie rock mothership to The Stone Lonesome's renegade scouting mission.

Bridge To Nowhere - The Stone Lonesome

Somethin' Good - The Stone Lonesome

Genevieve - The Stone Lonesome

Ringing Bells - Emily Long and Her Band



Home- Emily Long and Her Band

No comments:

Post a Comment